Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
Following a successful Defra-funded pilot programme, the HTA is now able to offer members a fully tested support package based on the popular BS 8555/Acorn phased approach to environmental management.
The package comprises:
- A CD with sector-specific guidance notes and templates to assist horticultural companies with environmental management
- A one-day training workshop for each of five BS 8555/Acorn phases
- A one-day training workshop for internal environmental auditors
- Three days of consultancy support, including an initial environmental baseline visit and two mock audits
Within the pilot programme, the HTA and its project consultants, WYG Environment, successfully developed and tested the delivery of environmental management support for horticultural companies.
First year performance data showed that the benefits of participation to horticultural companies were on average as follows:
- Cost Savings £7,648
- New Business Sales £5,719
- Waste Diverted from Landfill 23 Tonnes
- Carbon Emissions Reduction 40 Tonnes
- Water Savings 1,020 m3
- Raw Materials Savings 584 Tonnes
If you are interested in participating or want to find out more about what is involved, please download the attached file or contact the Business Development Department on 0118 930 3132.
Last updated: 20/09/2012 13:02
Associated Files - 2 Files Found