NPS is freely available to view on the GoHelios site, see link below.
• The National Plant Specification (NPS) removes the guesswork in plant procurement by providing a comprehensive and accurate ‘bible’ for the specification of plants ensuring an effective method of producing rigorously specified plant schedules
• Specifers using NPS can be sure that the plants are supplied to their exact specification and different nurseries are able to provide like-for-like quotations
• The NPS covers all of the most commonly specified plant groups and defines the criteria used in the specification of plants within each – including wild flowers and native species
The GoHelios Plant Selector, which is available via Member Login, is a searchable plant database programme based around the industry approved species list, characteristics, photographs and many thousands of plant specifications in accordance with NPS.
• Members are able to define, save or print plants lists, characteristic and photographs to create user-defined ‘Palettes’ that can be incorporated into leading landscape CAD programmes including CS Artisan
• GoHelios provides a unique tool for specifiers to investigate, search, select and save planting palettes, delivering a unique traceable system from planting specification to supply and procurement
• GoHelios is designed as an open system, which enables nurseries to provide stock information alongside the generic NPS data
For further information on both the National Plant Specification and GoHelios Plant Selector please contact GoHelios on 01509 609 121 or complete the enquiry form at www.gohelios.co.uk. Alternatively contact the Business Development Department on 0118 930 3132.